This is my journey after Weight Loss surgery. It may look easy, but believe me it is not!!! It is awesomely life altering!!!

Friday, January 8, 2010

Hello there, has it been 8 years?

So today I went shopping. A friend (thanks Tiffany) told me about some great deals at the GAP Outlet, so I headed there. Of course I am not wanting to spend too much money on clothes, so I only buy shirts around $3-$6 each. Mostly I stick to $3, but if I REALLY like it then I'll splurge to about $6, I know big spender! So I found some great stuff. Drumroll please......I am wearing a size Large. Now it has been at least 8 years since Large was part of my vocabulary. It is great!! Now of course XL is still there, but certain styles a Large is where it is at. Of course the pants are still bigger, I have lots of loose skin :(. I have noticed now that I am in different sizes, there is not as much of a selection for me on the clearance rack, but hey I'll take the bad with the good!!! I also went to Old Navy and got some nice camisoles and sleeveless shirts for summer.

Later we all headed to my mom's for dinner. My mom recently quit smoking. She has been a smoker for 30+ years. I am so proud of her, I know it has to be so hard for her at times!!! The kids played outside with their new sleds from Christmas, with dad. My mom and I made a yummy breakfast dinner! Mom made some yummy homemade waffles, and I made some fantastic bacon cheeseburger bites, another recipe from Shelly. She is amazing, and a huge inspiration to me. I think she needs her own cooking show/magazine. Check her out: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

Shelly's Bacon Cheeseburger Bites
1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
2 Green Onions, diced
1/2 lb Ground Beef
5 Eggs
2 Tablespoons Bacon Bits (Plumrose, Hormel, near salad dressings)
1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
dash of Seasoned Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Saute onions till golden. Add ground beef. Cook till no pink is seen. Set aside to cool. Mix all ingredients together. Be sure meat & onions have cooled slightly before adding eggs. Spoon into lightly greased mini muffin tins. Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Makes 24.

so back to dinner....... we also had potaoes O'Brien, and pig-in-the-blankets. The kids gobbles up there dinner!!! I caught up on my tabloid gossip and the kids took bubble baths. It was a great time. We came home, put the kids to bed and Reid went to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment