This is my journey after Weight Loss surgery. It may look easy, but believe me it is not!!! It is awesomely life altering!!!

Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Year


So here we are into 2010. I personally do not do New Year's resolutions, but always excited to start a new year through all the fun events and holidays from each season to the next.
I have recently been receiving many compliments on my weight loss and lots of questions about how did I do it? I am very reserved with "my story". I am always justifying my reasons for choosing to do what I did. The other day Reid looked at me and said "You do not have to justify what you have done, or plan to do to anyone." I know he is right, but it is so hard. I know I didn't take the easy way out, but I feel like people may think that. Crazy as it sounds I have always been against gastric bypass. Obviously I am now an A class hypocrit!!! I did not do it because I couldn't stop eating, I have a disorder that prevented me from losing weight. I know everyone has a reason for doing what they did, no one has to agree with the choices we each make, but still it is hard for me. My mom made a good point today: She said: People think gastric bypass, they think skinny. What they don't know, for that matter what I never knew, is all that comes with it. the surgery is a tool, not a cure.

1 comment:

  1. Jen, you look great! Reid is right, you don't need to justify your decision to anyone. You did what was best for you and that was an excellent decision.

    ReplyDelete