This is my journey after Weight Loss surgery. It may look easy, but believe me it is not!!! It is awesomely life altering!!!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cooking with Kooper

This week Kooper has become very interested in helping me, especially with cooking. Yesterday he helped me make lasagna, today he helped me make tropical muffins. He also helped daddy fix a chair yesterday! Now him and I are sharing a Titan bar. These bars are so delicious and packed full of protein, 26 grams. Did I also mention they are very low in sugar, only 5 grams. The whole family loves them, I buy them by the box full!!!

I think I may have broken my stall, I am finally down another 5lbs. So grand total weight loss is 70lbs. In a perfect world I would love to lose another 30lbs or so, but we'll see. I also decided to take my measurements. I last took them the day before surgery. Wow, now seeing those new numbers made my day, heck week, maybe even month :0)!!! My waist was down 10" and hips down 11". I lost inches everywhere, even in my neck. Total inches lost was 41", now that is taller then Kooper. I was happy dancin!!!

I am in the midst of trying to motivate myself into exercising. I want that sweat so bad, but seem to continue to make excuses to not make it a part of my day. I have started checking out gyms, and looked up equipment prices. I would love to sign up to a gym until summer, just need to find one convenient and without a one year commitment. I may check one out this afternoon.....

I started baking with spelt flour, today we have some of Shelly's tropical sunrise protein muffins cooking. They smell very yummy!! I also made some yummy brownies, the whole family loves them. Check them out, I dare you to make them!!! You will not be sorry!

Garbanzo Bean Brownies

Ingredients:

  • 1 ½ c. carob semisweet chips* or Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips (for Gluten-free)
  • 2 c. garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
  • 4 eggs
  • 3/4 c. brown rice syrup
  • ½ tsp baking powder (use gluten-free baking powder)

Directions:

  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a small bowl melt carob chips in microwave for 2 minutes.
  3. In blender or food processor, combine beans and eggs.
  4. Add sugar, baking powder, and chocolate, process until smooth.
  5. Pour batter into a 9” or 8X8” non-stick pan.
  6. Bake for 45 minutes.

*You can use regular chips instead of carob if you don’t like the flavor of carob chips.


Have a fabulous week!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment