This is my journey after Weight Loss surgery. It may look easy, but believe me it is not!!! It is awesomely life altering!!!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Official blog slacker

Well it has been over 2 months since my last post. I have no excuse for not posting, well maybe except busy, crazy life. Anyway lots of stuff has been going on. All 3 kids are in soccer, and with Reid's work schedule I am busy running almost every night of the week to some practice or game at 1 of 3 soccer fields. They all enjoy it, and that is what matters, right. Some time I have to repeat that phrase a number of times to myself :0). I also have completed my first semester at MCC towards my RN. I took 3 classes and ended up with a 3.87 GPA. I was livid with this, I thought I had a 4.0 in the bag, but one prof decided to throw that glory out my window. I have realized I can't always be perfect. I am taking the summer off, and praying I get approved for student loans so I can return in the fall. On the weight loss front I am down about 5lbs since the last post. I have taken up running, and do that about 3 times a weeks. Today I was able to run 2.8 miles without any walking. A huge accomplishment for myself. I have signed up for a 5K the first weekend in June. I am pumped for this, and will be excited to meet my family at the finish line. Still sticking to the same ole' diet. Limiting carbs and keeping the protein high. My hair is so thin now, I am contemplating cutting it short so it can be thick throughout as it grows back. I hesitate calling and scheduling an appointment, as I fear short hair. It will be a good change, now I just have to convince myself 100% and dial the number. I have tried several new protein shake. They have all been very yummy, but I find myself always going back to my favorite:

  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup milk (I use almond, but you can use any kind)
  • 5 ice cubes
  • 1 packet of instant coffee (I use taster's choice, but you can use any kind)
Blend it well and enjoy.

So there is my short update.

No comments:

Post a Comment